Having a dash cam can help improve road safety while also aiding in the defense against car crash fraud. Having an in-car camera system can also improve the manner in which you drive. And while high-end dash cams can come at a few hundreds of dollars, you don’t need to break your bank. APEMAN is giving you its C450 Series A Dash Cam. It’s a small and compact device that records your road action for the cost of about 8 Big Mac meals.
The A Series is APEMAN’s more advanced version of one of its best-sellers, the C450. The A Series provides exceptional video clarity. The integration of Sony’s revolutionary CMOS image sensor technology, STARVIS, allows for better images in low light conditions. It may only have a 12-megapixel shooter, but it is more than enough to provide stunning images of the road.
Aiding the C450 A Series in its amazing action capture is the integration of both HDR and WDR technologies. These systems allow for the capture of images regardless of ambient light conditions. Conventional systems require additional light sources to provide good results. The APEMAN dash cam doesn’t need any since it’s already integrated into the system.
The lens aperture is also wider at f/1.8. Most systems come at f/2.0 at the most. There’s loop recording, parking monitor, emergency accident lock technology, G sensor, and a whole lot more. This is a system that can command more than a hundred dollars on the market, but APEMAN is conscientious enough to slash the cost down in half.
- 12-megapixel Sony STARVIS CMOS image sensor
- 264 advanced video coding with motion-compensation video compression technology
- 1080p Full HD with Super High-resolution camera system
- 170-degree super wide-angle lens
- f/1.8 lens with HDR, WDR, and night vision technologies
- Emergency Accident Lock technology
- 3-inch large LCD screen
- Integrated 3-axis G sensor and motion sensor
- 24-hour parking monitor
- Seamless loop recording
[pros_cons id=’17614′ item=’0′]
How to Use
Using the APEMAN Dash Cam C450 A Series is easy. Here’s how:
- Format your Class 10 MicroSD or SDHC Card before you start installing the C450 onto your car’s windshield.
- Determine the location on your car’s windshield where you are going to mount the APEMAN Dash Cam. Most will have the dash cam mounted near the center of the windshield. This allows for equal field of view for both sides of the car.
- Clean the surface where you are going to apply the suction cup of the APEMAN C450 A Series.
- Connect the device to the suction cup attachment. Position the suction cup onto the windshield and press down to secure.
- Connect the charging cable to the device and connect the other end to the cigarette lighter adaptor of your car or DC outlet.
- Insert the now-formatted SDHC or MicroSD card into the slot.
- Start the car’s engine.
- Check the display and adjust the position of the camera. The ideal setup is 60% of the view should be the sky while the remaining 40% is the road.
APEMAN Dash Cam FAQ:
Q: Will the APEMAN C450 A Series Dash Cam continue working although the ignition is off?
A: Everything depends on your car’s power system. There are those that provide “constant power” to sensitive electronics. Others shut off power the moment you turn off the ignition. It is, therefore, important to turn off the dash cam manually.
Q: Is it possible to view video on the C450 A Series?
A: Yes. Press the Playback mode on the device. If you see a “lock” icon on the screen, you may have to “unlock” it first before you can view it.
Q: The Memory Card shows “full” so the device stopped recording. What can I do?
A: Make sure that the Loop Recording functionality of the device is on. Also, make sure that you are using a Class 10 memory card with a capacity of not more than 32 GB. Moreover, try lowering the sensitivity of the G sensor.
Q: Does the C450 A Series require power all the time to keep on recording?
A: This APEMAN dash cam does come with a lithium-ion battery. However, this only works to power up its Emergency Video File backup services and the 24-hour parking monitor. Hence, it is important that the dash cam receives power from the car cigarette lighter port or the DC outlet.
Q: I see “Please Insert Card” on the display screen. But I have an SD Card inserted. What’s wrong?
A: Make sure you formatted the card before you inserted it in the device. Moreover, make sure that it is a Class 10 memory card with maximum capacity of 32 GB.
It’s compact, easy to install, and inexpensive. Best of all, the APEMAN Dash Cam C450 A Series provides stunning video recordings of your road adventures.