There are many car antenna models that are being offered on the market today. To make sure that car owners are buying the right antenna for their specific requirements and applications, they should be prudent enough to conduct their own research and inquiries. This guide aims to help car owners in making the right decision when buying a car antenna. In this guide, we review some of the best car antennas on the market today.
Below navigation menu is prepared to help you to have an overview of our article. We also prepared a comparison table to give you the detail and informative comparison between each kind of car antenna.
Image Features Further information
- Weight: 0.64 ounces
- Easy to install
- Excellent signal reception
-Fits the majority of car models
- Brand: Tram
- Weight: 1.45 pounds
- Strong and dependable signal reception
- Easy to install and use
- UHF and VHF compatible
- Brand: GlobalSat
- Weight: 4 ounces
- Built-in roof mount magnet
- Built-in GPS patch antenna
- Compatible with the majority of NMEA-compliant software
- Brand: weBoost
- Weight: 8.8 ounces
- Excellent voice and 4G/3G data
- Easy and fast installation
- 2-year manufacturer warranty
- Brand: ZHOL
- Weight: 1 pounds
- New proprietary design
- Small and sleek
- Ground independent
- Brand: RONIN FACTORY
- Weight: 0.64 ounces
- Easy to install
- Long lasting
- Carwash safe
Top 6 Rated Car Antennas
1. Best AM-FM Radio Antenna: Metra 44-US07R
This antenna from Metra features removable black conductive rubber mast, a side/top mount split ball, and a removable black conductive rubber with cable. This antenna works well with the majority of car models on the market today.
This AM-FM car antenna model is recommended to car owners who want to listen to their radio while traveling. The Metra 44 offers the good signal reception to guaranty the quality of sound coming out from your radio.
2. Best Car Television Antenna: Tram 1185
This antenna model from Tram is easy to install and very convenient to use. It has a frequency range of 144-148MHz/435-450 MHz, thus, providing clear signal even when used in narrow alleys with tall apartment buildings and power lines. This antenna can easily be installed using a 3-inch magnet mount with 12-feet RG-58 coaxial cable and PL-259 connector.
This antenna is recommended to customers who require dependable and strong signal when traveling to long distances.
3. Best GPS Navigation Antenna: GlobalSat BR-355
This receiver model from GlobalSat is designed for use in various applications that require global positioning system (GPS) signals that need to be received and decoded in laptops or tablet computers. This model is compatible with the majority of National Marine Electronics Association (NMEA)-compliant third-party software. Other antenna features include a built-in GPS patch antenna, built-in roof mount magnet, serial port interface, and slim profile housing.
This antenna model is recommended for use in cars, trucks, marine, and aviation navigation applications, as well as for municipalities and commercial equipment like police cars, buses, fire trucks, and geographic information system (GIS) data collection devices.
4. Best Cell Phone Car Antenna: weBoost Drive Sleek OTR 470235
The use of cell phones or smartphones in daily activities has long been a global reality. It is, therefore, necessary that a car antenna has a strong signal so that a phone can be used clearly inside the car while traveling. This car antenna booster from Wilson Electronics is designed to provide continuous and strong signal inside vehicles, boats, and even homes. Among the features of this model are its rugged design for heavy-duty applications, compatibility with standard mirror brackets, and a 3-way antenna mount.
This signal booster from Wilson Electronics is recommended for rugged and heavy-duty applications in trucks, recreational vehicles (RV), boats and other marine vessels, and homes.
5. Best Hidden Windshield Camera: ZHOLÂ NEW Am-fm Hidden Windshield Antenna Car Radio Truck
This universal AM-FM antenna model is designed to be installed or mounted to any surface. It can operate on all digital and traditional AM-FM radios, particularly in the U.S. It can operate on the AM radio between 535-kHz and 1.7-MHz and between 88-108 MHz on the FM radio. This hidden car antenna model features a new proprietary design aimed at improving performance with unique MICO Screen element. Its compact and sleek design allows it to be easily installed and hidden in almost any vehicle or car model.
This antenna model is recommended for consumers who want to hide their antennas in their cars, trucks, and even boats.
6. Best Car Antenna Design: Ronin Factory Bullet Antenna for Dodge RAM & Ford F150 Ford Raptor Trucks
This bullet car antenna model is designed as a car antenna replacement for pickup trucks. It has the same dimension with a real 50-caliber bullet and it is very easy to install. This antenna is compatible with all 1994-2019 Dodge RAM Truck models and 1997-2019 Ford F-Series truck models.
This short car antenna model is recommended to Dodge RAM and Ford F-Series pickup truck owners, as well as for customers who use Bluetooth or auxiliary audio inputs.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Car Antennas
There are several factors that car owners should consider when buying an antenna to make sure that they are purchasing the best car antenna for their specific requirement and preferences. Among these factors are:
- Cost – This is an important factor to consider in buying a car antenna. However, buyers should bear in mind that they should focus more on the quality of the product instead of the cost because they could save more in the long term when choosing good products.
- Design – This factor depends on the design preference of the buyer. Car owners should choose a design that they love and meet their requirements.
- Product specifications – Buyers should make sure that the specifications of the antenna fit their requirements so that they will be satisfied with its performance.
- Ease of installation/Customer support – Car owners should buy products that are easy to install to avoid inconvenience. They should also buy their antennas from reputable stores or suppliers with good customer support to make sure that they will be assisted in cases of breakdowns or malfunctions.
Car Antenna Maintenance
Car or vehicle owners should be familiar with the proper maintenance and care strategies for their antennas to ensure their longevity and efficient performance. Generally, antennas just require common sense to properly maintain them. Owners should just make sure that they are properly used and regularly checked for possible damage. During car washing, owners should make sure that their antennas are properly secured to avoid damaging them in the process.
For car antennas, there are not so many products, but car owners should still choose wisely to help the signal stronger or just to replace the broken one. Hope this could give you the detailed guide and remember to choose the best according to your need and budget.