|Best Choice||Ampper Blind Spot Mirror||CHECK LATEST PRICE|
|Premium Pick||WadeStar Blind Spot Mirrors||CHECK LATEST PRICE|
|Best Value||Fit System Blind Spot Mirrors||CHECK LATEST PRICE|
- 1. Ampper Blind Spot Mirror
- 2. Fit System Blind Spot Mirrors
- 3. WadeStar Blind Spot Mirrors
- 4. Essential Contraptions Blind Spot Mirror
- 5. Utopicar Blind Spot Mirrors
- 6. LIBERRWAY Blind Spot Mirror
- 7. Total View 360 Adjustable Blind Spot Mirror
- 8. Utopicar New Blind Spot Mirrors
- 9. Custom Accessories Blind Spot Mirror
- 10. POMFW Blind Spot Mirror
- 11. lebogner Pack Blind Spot Mirror
- 12. AiWomo Blind Spot Mirror
- 13. Kitbest Blind Spot Mirror
- 14. Cardeco Moving Slim Circle Blind Spot Mirror
Changing lanes and merging with traffic are some of the most hazardous maneuvers on the highway and result in thousands of collisions every year. One cause is a failure to spot another vehicle in the blind spot. This is the area towards the rear of the car that is not visible in the mirrors when the driver is facing forwards.
Blind spot mirrors are handy little devices that fit onto the wing mirrors of a vehicle and help to show the driver what is in their blind spot. They are also useful for parking and reversing. There are several shapes and styles available, so to give you a head start here is a guide to choosing the best blind spot mirror for your vehicle.
The Best Blind Spot Mirror
Suitable for trucks, cars, vans, SUVs and RVs, this convex circular mirror has a wide-angle perspective. It is not suitable for motorcycles. The two mirrors have a slim design and a tiny swivel rotating bracket that is adjustable a full 360 degrees. There is no frame to get in the way of your view.
It takes just seconds to install them using the 3M adhesive that is also supplied. The mirrors are waterproof and rust resistant, and the glass on the mirrors will not haze over and obscure your view. If you want to remove them, do so using a razor blade to slice through the adhesive.
- Slim design
- Adjustable around 360 degrees
- Waterproof and rust resistant
- Can be fitted in seconds
- Brand Ampper
- Model Am-BSM01
- Weight 0.8 ounces
This pack contains two blind spot mirrors that are two inches in diameter and slim in design. They are convex and produce an image that is larger than what you see in a regular mirror.
They are made from lightweight plastic and are fixed in seconds using the adhesive tape that is supplied. Once fixed, they are fully adjustable to suit the height of the driver and to give the widest possible view.
- Plastic blind spot mirrors
- Convex design
- Fix in seconds using supplied adhesive tape
- Fully adjustable
- Brand Fit System
- Model C0400
- Weight 1.6 ounces
This is a small square mirror that has been custom designed to fit fourth-generation Ram trucks built between 2009 and 2018 that do not have towing mirrors. They are designed to help you view the blind spot and increase safety and convenience.
They fit easily to the upper or lower outside edge of the mirror using the adhesive tape that is supplied. Two are supplied in a pack.
- Custom designed for fourth generation Ram trucks
- Pack of two mirrors
- Supplied with adhesive tape
- Brand WadeStar
- Model RM10
- Weight 1.76 ounces
This pack contains four round mirrors that have aluminum frames so they will not rust. They are made from real glass and will not haze over and lose clarity. The design is slim-line and compact and suitable for all types of cars.
They are affixed to your car using double-sided adhesive tape and are waterproof. If you do need to remove them, you can do so using an adhesive remover.
- Pack of four mirrors
- Round and slimline in design
- Fixed on using double-sided adhesive tape
- Brand Essential Contraptions
- Model 1
- Weight 1.6 ounces
This is a pair of elongated blind-spot mirrors that fit along the top or the bottom of your vehicle’s wing mirrors to help you when changing lanes or merging lanes. They are designed to give you a bigger image of the blind spot and to protect the view from glare from the sun.
They are fixed on using an exterior-grade 3M adhesive tape that is very durable and waterproof. They are made from a highly reflective silver film and you can adjust their angle to give you the best view.
- Elongated blind-spot mirrors
- Produces a bigger image of the blind spot
- Fixed on using exterior-grade 3M adhesive tape
- Adjustable angle
- Brand Utopicar
- Weight 2.4 ounces
This is a pair of square blind spot mirrors to help with rear vision. Circular and rectangular mirrors are also available. They are suitable for cars, vans, trucks and SUVs and can be fitted vertically or horizontally. They are made from HD Glass (IP65), which is waterproof and resistant to rust. The real glass will not haze and is in a curved design to give maximum vision. The ultra-thin mirrors are mounted on fully adjustable brackets that swivel so that the mirror can be adjusted a full 360 degrees. They can be installed in seconds using the double-sided adhesive tape.
- Pack of two square mirrors
- Fits all makes of cars, vans and trucks
- Real glass that will not haze
- Rust-resistant and weather-proof
- Brand LIBERRWAY
- Model LBWBSMIRROR
- Weight 4.2 ounces
This set of two mirrors is suitable for any make or model of car and will give you improved visibility when you are on the road. They are rectangular and have a curved design, but they also rotate and adjust to give you the best view.
The mirrors are durable and hard-wearing in all sorts of weather conditions. They can be fitted in just a few seconds by removing the strip from the double-sided adhesive tape and fixing them in position.
- Pack of two rectangular blind spot mirrors
- Curved design
- Made from real glass
- Rotate and adjust
- Brand Total View 360
- Model TV
- Weight 4.8 ounces
Here’s a pair of semi-oval blind spot mirrors that improve visibility and safety when changing lanes or maneuvering your vehicle. They have a gentle, convex design to give a larger image and are elongated to show more of the highway line behind your vehicle.
The mirrors come with an optional plastic base. If you use the base, the mirrors are adjustable, and if you don’t use the base they are fixed. They are very easy to attach using the pre-applied adhesive tape.
- Pair of semi-oval blind spot mirrors
- Give improved view of lane behind you
- Supplied with an optional base for adjustment
- Fitted quickly with adhesive tape
- Brand Utopicar
- Model eggmirror
You can increase your field of vision when driving with this pack of two blind spot mirrors that can be used on cars, vans and trucks. They give a wide-angle view that is very useful when changing lanes, towing or parking.
The circular mirrors have a deep black, plastic frame and are fully adjustable around 360 degrees to suit the driver. You can fit them yourself in just a few seconds using the adhesive strip of pressure-sensitive tape.
- Pack of two circular mirrors
- Provide a wide-angle view
- Fully adjustable around 360 degrees
- Fitted in seconds using the adhesive strip
- Brand Custom Accessories
- Model 71121
- Weight 0.8 ounces
These two-inch curved glass mirrors will give you an improved view of the road and vehicle behind you. They can be used both inside and outside, and the HD glass will not crack or haze. The mirrors have no frame and are rust resistant.
They are durable and weatherproof. You can adjust them to the most convenient position using the tiny swivel mounting bracket.
- Pack of two curved glass mirrors
- Rust-resistant and weather-proof
- Adjustable position
- HD glass that will not haze
- Brand POMFW
- Model POMFW-Blind spot mirrors 01
- Weight 5.6 ounces
For an extra-wide angle view when you are driving, this pair of blind spot mirrors will do the trick. They can be customized to fit most vehicles, and most owners attach them to the lower, outside corner of the wing mirrors. They are two inches in diameter and a round shape. The mirrors are made from HD glass and are a convex design.
They are both waterproof and rust-resistant and will stand up to various weather conditions. There is no frame to get in the way of your view. It attaches to your car using a strong adhesive tape in one of two ways. You can fix it directly to the wing mirror. Alternatively, you can fix it using the small angle bracket. This allows you to tilt it at 30 degrees in any direction so you get 360 degree adjustment to suit drivers of different heights and to fit different makes and models of car.
- Pair of circular blind spot mirrors
- Made from HD convex glass
- Can be fixed using an angle bracket
- Strong adhesive tape supplied
- Brand lebogner
- Model 2 Pack Blind Spot Mirrors Car Accessorie
- Weight 0.64 ounces
This is a set of fan-shaped mirrors that are positioned on the outside of your wing mirrors and fit most types of cars and trucks. They are frameless and take just seconds to install.
There are two options for fitting them. You can stick them directly to the mirror and they will be fixed into one position. Alternatively, you can use the swivel fitting that adheres to the back of the mirror. This allows you to alter the angle of the mirror after you have fitted it. It can sway up to 20 degrees in a 360-degree movement for total flexibility. Many owners find that this is best for the driver’s side.
- Frameless, fan-shaped mirrors
- Can be fixed directly with adhesive to the mirror
- Optional swivel fitting
- Brand AiWomo
- Model spot mirror-1 F
- Weight 1.6 ounces
Here’s a set of driver’s side and passenger’s side blind spot mirrors to increase your viewing area. The blind spot mirror for car wing mirrors is convex and frameless and has a fan shape. It is made from HD glass in an ultra-thin design. It is fixed to the wing mirror of your vehicle using the 3M adhesive pressure-sensitive tape. It’s resistant to weather and water.
There is an optional adjustable swivel mounting bracket. This fixes to the mirror using the adhesive tape and allows you to adjust the mirror after fitting. It has 360-degree rotation and a full 30 degrees rocking movement.
- Frameless blind spot mirror in a fan shape
- Fixed with 3M adhesive pressure-sensitive tape
- 360-degree rotation
- Brand Kitbest
- Model KBCM04
- Weight 0.64 ounces
This set of triple plate chrome maxi view blind spot mirrors will enhance your driving experience. They will not rust or corrode and are weather-proof. The mirrors are in a fixed position and attach to the wing mirrors of your vehicle using strong 3M self-adhesive tape that is supplied.
These round mirrors can be installed in seconds and have a diameter of approximately two inches.
- Two-inch diameter round mirrors
- Easy to fit in seconds
- Do not rust or corrode
- Made from triple plate chrome
- Brand Cardeco
- Model 8805341 009611
- Weight 0.32 ounces
Best Blind Spot Mirror Buying Guide & FAQ
What to Look for in a Pair of Blind Spot Mirrors
There are many different sets of blind spot mirrors available. Some will only fit certain makes and models of vehicles, while others are universal. Here are a few things that you should look out for when choosing a pair of blind spot mirrors.
It is important that the mirrors do not take up too much space on your wing mirrors. The main way to check what is behind you is turning your head to look over your shoulder and using your wing mirrors. Blind spot mirrors are merely a supplement and must not get in the way of how the main mirror works.
Blind spot mirrors come in many different shapes. Most are circular but there are also square, rectangular and fan shapes. You need to pick the shape that will best match your wing mirrors.
Some blind spot mirrors are made from reflective foil or plastic while others are made from glass. The advantage of glass is that it does not haze and gives a clear view. Other materials could distort over time.
A convex curve bulges outwards from the surface of the mirror. Convex mirrors give an upright image and provide a wider field of view because they are curved outwards. However, the object in the mirror can appear closer than it actually is.
The frame around the blind spot mirror needs to be small so that it does not get in the way of the view. Many do not have frames at all and are very slimline in design.
Some blind spot mirrors are fixed directly to the mirror surface and once they are in position they are stuck. This can make it a bit nerve wracking to fit them because it is not easy to move them once they are fixed. Also, a position that suits the height of one driver may not suit another. For this reason, others are provided with an adjustment mechanism. The mirror is mounted on a bracket and can often tilt up to 30 degrees in any direction. This provides 360-degree movement and you can alter the exact angle as many times as you wish.
- Method of fixing
It is vital that the blind spot mirrors are fixed with adhesive that can withstand harsh weather conditions. It needs to be waterproof and long lasting. Most are fixed using a double-sided adhesive tape. When you need to remove the mirrors, you need to use a razor blade or an adhesive remover.
Advantages of Using a Blind Spot Mirror
The dangers of not being able to see vehicles that are in your blind spot are obvious, but there are several other advantages of using a blind spot mirror.
When you are pulling out to pass a vehicle that is traveling slower than you are, it is necessary to make split-second decisions. You need to check that there are no vehicles in your blind spot that you could collide with when you pull out. Blind spot mirrors can help with this.
- Changing lanes
Moving your vehicle from one lane to another is another tricky maneuver. It is necessary to check that there are no vehicles speeding towards you in that lane that you could collide with as you move across. A blind spot mirror helps you to check this out.
- Merging lanes
When two lanes merge together, motorists are required to look out for each other and to give way when necessary. A blind spot mirror allows you to see who is in the vicinity of your vehicle.
- Less neck twisting
In the absence of a blind spot mirror, you have to twist your neck on several occasions to see what is behind you and this can be uncomfortable.
- Backing up
It can be hard to see what is going on with all four corners of your vehicle when you are backing up into a parking space. With blind spot mirrors you can judge how your parking is going and make adjustments if needed.
- Parallel parking
Backing up into a parking space on the street is one of the least popular maneuvers and is one that many motorists avoid. If you have no blind spot rear view mirror fitted, you cannot see where your wheels are in relation to the sidewalk and can’t turn your steering wheel accordingly.
- Tight spaces
If you are moving your vehicle into or out of a tight space such as a garage, the blind spot mirrors will give you 360-degree visibility as you move.
How To Install Blind Spot Mirrors
Blind spot mirrors are usually supplied with instructions on how to fit them correctly. It can usually be done in just a few seconds but it must be done correctly to make sure that you get the best out your purchase.
Here are the steps that you will usually have to carry out.
- Clean the wing mirror. The new mirrors will adhere best to the wing mirror surface if you clean it thoroughly with alcohol. This removes all the dust, debris and grease that builds up on exterior surfaces of the car. It will ensure that there is a good contact between the adhesive and the glass surface.
- Find the best place to mount blind spot mirror. Different styles of blind spot mirrors are designed to work best in different positions so correct blind spot mirror placement is vital. Often this is in one of the inner or outer corners. The best way to do this is to get one person to sit in the driver’s seat of the car while another person moves the mirrors around to find the best position for blind spot mirror placement.
- Stick the mirror in position. The next stage is to fix the mirror using adhesive. Usually this is supplied as adhesive tape that is already fixed to the surface of the mirror. All you have to do is peel back the protective tape and place the mirror in the desired location. You will need to apply some gentle pressure for at least 20 seconds while the adhesive gets to work and dries.
- Mirrors with swivel mounts. There will be detailed instructions on how to mount the fixing. Typically, you would stick the mirror on the bracket first using adhesive tape. Then you use a second strip of tape to fix that to the mirror surface. You are able to adjust the tilt of the mirror after it is fixed, but it is still important that you get the initial position correct.
- Aftercare. Blind spot mirrors are very robust and are designed to withstand wet weather conditions and the heat and cold. However, it can take 24 hours for the adhesive to completely dry. Therefore, it is wise to avoid car washes for a day or so after fixing the mirrors.
Best Blind Spot Mirror FAQ:
The blind spot of a vehicle is the area towards the rear that you cannot directly observe when you are at the controls and facing forward because they are not within the range of the mirrors. Vehicles in adjacent lanes can fall into these blind spots. Therefore, when you want to change lanes or merge lanes, a collision can occur. Blind spot mirrors are devices that fit to the wing mirrors of your vehicle to improve the rearward vision. They can be a variety of shapes, including circular, fan and rectangular. They are usually a convex mirror car gadget that magnifies the view from behind.
Some car models now have wing mirrors that can be heated up, which helps with defrosting and keeps them clear in wet conditions. Users of blind spot mirrors that are fixed using adhesive strips report that they work well on heated mirrors. They seem to last just as long as those fixed to regular mirrors that do not heat up.
Blind spots are just as much of a problem for motorcyclists as they are for car drivers. If a motorcyclist changes lane and fails to spot a vehicle behind them, the results can be very serious. Some motorcyclists choose to use blind spot mirrors but you must use a product that is advertised as suitable for motorcycles. Motorcycle wing mirrors are often smaller than those on a car so you will not want a large blind spot mirror that could take up too much of the mirror surface and make visibility worse instead of better.
Information regarding safety in car washes will be supplied with the mirror, so read this carefully. Most can be left on in car washes, but you will need to fold in your wing mirrors. The adhesive takes several hours to dry so you should not take your car into a car wash for a couple of days after fixing the mirrors.
Our Top Pick
We really like the Ampper mirrors, which are suitable for trucks, cars and vans but not for motorcycles. They give a wide-angle perspective and have a slim design with no frame. They come with a swivel bracket that adjusts around 360 degrees.
You can install them in seconds using 3M adhesive tape, and they are both waterproof and rust resistant.
- How are cars making the blind spot less dangerous? – How Stuff Works
- How to Set Rear‐View Mirrors to Eliminate Blind Spots – WikiHow