|Best Choice||E-Autogrilles Jeep Bumper||CHECK LATEST PRICE|
|Premium Pick||Hooke Road Textured Black Jeep Front Bumper||CHECK LATEST PRICE|
|Best Value||WARN Jeep Rubicon Front Bumper||CHECK LATEST PRICE|
- 1. E-Autogrilles Jeep Bumper
- 2. EAG Steel Front Bumper
- 3. Razer Auto Black Front Bumper
- 4. WARN Jeep Rubicon Front Bumper
- 5. Restyling Factory Black Textured Front Bumper
- 6. Hooke Road Textured Black Jeep Front Bumper
- 7. Crash Parts Plus Textured Front Jeep Bumper
- 8. UDIT Black Textured Jeep Front Bumper
- 9. Hooke Road Different Trail Offroad Rear Bumper
- 10. LEDKINGDOMUS Rock Crawler Front Bumper
Cream of the all-American crop, the Jeep is one of the finest motors to have ever been created. Hard-wearing, versatile and agile, they look great on the road and keep you protected and comfortable off-road. Of course, like all cars, the factory version can sometimes be lacking in a few areas – such as the Jeep bumper.
Jeep front bumpers can often limit your clearance or, worse, be made of poor materials to save on money. With the recent models being suited more for standard domestic use and commuting, it’s fair to say that some Jeep Wrangler bumpers simply aren’t cut out for heavier use. Instead, it’s suggested that you purchase a fresh off-road bumper, instead.
Whether you’re after the best Jeep bumpers to keep up your image, or you’re after an off road bumper that will handle the tougher trails of life, our buying guide will give you everything you need to know about your next purchase.
The Best Jeep Bumper
Easily one of the best Jeep bumpers on the market, the K Rock Crawler from E-Autogrilles is a great choice for road users, domestic use and for your commercial needs. The built-in winch plate (winch not included) holds a massive 12,000 pounds (or 6 tons) and the D-rings can handle up to 9,500 pounds between them, making this a great choice for tow trucks and rescue vehicles.
This is a very easy to install option, which requires no drills or power tools (although they can make the job easier, particularly when removing your factory fitted bumper). It fits most Wrangler models, so there are no concerns there, although you can also check with the manufacturer to make sure.
- Built-in winch plate
- Easy to install with no drilling required
- Fits most 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler bumper models
- D-rings hold up to 9,500lbs
- Brand EAG
- Model Front Bumper
- Weight 78.1 pounds
Relocates standard fog lights to improve overall field of view
The built-in winch plates holds up to 12,000lbs
Very highly rated by customers
Needs additional Jeep parts to fit the license plate
The powder-coated finish needs an extra coat of protection to avoid rust
Supporting a huge range of models, this Jeep Wrangler front bumper fits with all types from 1987 to 2006. With no drilling or cutting needed to install this bumper, you’ll find that the installation is quick and easy – with the majority of time to be taken removing your old bumper over installing this one.
There are additional tabs included with the tube bumper, which you can use to attach further LEDs or your choice of lighting for increased visibility. The only real downside to this option is that users have noted that the finish can come away quite easily and rust is spotted relatively quickly, if not treated.
- Fits all 1987-2006 Jeep TJ/YJ Wrangler models
- D-rings hold up to 9,500 pounds
- Winch holds up to 12,000lbs
- No drilling or cutting required for installation
- Brand EAG
- Model JTJFB002
- Weight 58.9 pounds
Tabs for additional lighting are included for better visibility
A “no-drill” installation that is designed to fit using only basic hand tools
A highly rated item
Customers note that this item can rust quite quickly
This item is not sent using the best packaging, so check for damage before installing
The Stubby Front Bumper from Razer Auto is a fantastic choice for those who need as much clearance as possibly for their travels. Being short but sweet, this bumper can still hold a surprising weight – up to 12,000 pounds via the built-in winch plate – and would still work fantastically for recovery vehicles or similar.
You should be aware, however, that the multiple accessories shown in the advert (such as the bar light) are only available separately and do not come with the purchase. You should also be sure to check over your new purchase before installing, to check for damage.
- Fits all 2007-2018 Jeep JK Wrangler models
- D-ring holds 9,500 pounds
- Winch plate holds 12,000 pounds
- No cutting or drilling required for installation
- Brand Razer Auto
- Model RZKYFB-3524
- Weight 86 pounds
Comes with an LED bar mount (LED available separately) to expand visibility
Well made and ideal for off-roading
Does not come with any of the additional accessories advertised
There have been multiple complaints about damage during shipping
This tube bumper is ideal for those looking to get that additional protection over their grill while adding additional functionality to their new purchase. Made with a thick, high quality steel, the tubing fits with a 2-inch diameter adding the extra ruggedness you might need when off-roading.
The powder-coated finish adds to the overall design, which is also available in three different heights (we favor the mid-height since you get a good level of clearance with these dimensions). Users also love how easy this is to install, which is extra light – especially when compared to the other options on our list.
- Provides additional protection to the Jeep Wrangler grill
- Creates a 2-inch buffer
- Easy to install
- Available in three heights
- Brand WARN
- Model 102350
- Weight 13.5 pounds
Very easy to install with only 6 bolts to remove and replace
Provides basic hooks for recovery
Very light and small, so easier to install
Not the strongest option
No outstanding features beyond the basics
A super rugged choice that looks great on commercial vehicles or for those who like to take their Wrangler off road. There are two tabs added to the tubing, which are designed to fit with additional lighting and therefore increase your visibility. There’s also plenty of clearance on this item, so no concerns about damaging your vehicle during steep climbs or drops.
The only real negative to this item is that a professional installation is recommended for the fitting, due to the added difficulty. This can increase your overall cost and therefore decreases the value of your new bumper.
- D-rings hold up to 9,500 pounds
- Winch place holds up to 12,000 pounds
- Fits all 2007-2018 models of Jeep Wrangler
- Professional installation is recommended
- Brand Restyling Factory
- Model RFFB4005
- Weight 56 pounds
Provides plenty of clearance to the height of this item
A rugged and hard-wearing
Requires professional installation
If you’re looking for both the Jeep Wrangler front bumper and the rear bumper pairing, you’ll be pleased to know this option also comes with the Jeep Wrangler rear bumper replacement. Easy to fit on both sections, there are no power tools required for fitting this bumper with a simple bolt-on installation design.
Able to fit all Wrangler JK models from 2007 to 2018, there aren’t any clear dimensions for this item, so you may be best chatting with the manufacturer to get a better idea on fit.
- Corrosion resistant finish
- Bolt-on installation
- Both front and rear Jeep Wrangler Bumper set
- Fits all 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK models
- Brand Hooke Road
- Model QP.BXG-016+043
One of the more expensive options
Listing is not clear on dimensions or weight
One of the more expensive options
Listing is not clear on dimensions or weight
If you’re looking for a simple replacement for your factory fitted Jeep bumper, you’ll love this affordable option from Crash Parts Plus. There aren’t any additional features here and you won’t find your socks blown off with the overall value or design.
That said, this is a great choice if you’ve had a bump or want to replace your bumper due to wear and tear on your factory fitted choice. This item will fit most Jeep Wranglers from 2007 to 2015 and comes with a one-year warranty.
- Basic front bumper replacement
- Fits 2007-2015 Jeep Wrangler
- One-year warranty included
- Brand Crash Parts Plus
- Model J010312
- Weight 57.6 pounds
A very cost-effective option
Acts as a quick and easy replacement factory bumper
No additional features
Does not make your car more suitable for off-roading or recovery
A unique design that partially covers your tires when fitted and is made from a heavy gauge steel that can handle almost anything you throw at it. The winch plate can hold up to 12,000 pounds (or 6 tons) while the D-rings can hold up to 9,500 pounds, which makes this a great choice for business use.
Again, no power tools are required for fitting this item and everything you need comes included with your purchase. You can also relocate your lights with the built-in holes that are designed to hold your stock lights and help increase your overall visibility.
- Heavy-duty Jeep Wrangler front bumper
- D-rings hold up to 9,500 pounds
- Winch holds up to 12,000 pounds
- Relocate stock lights for increased visibility
- Brand UDIT
- Model UDIT-B19G0921-6
- Weight 70 pounds
An easy-to-install option that requires no hand tools
A great value option that works well for standard users
Bull bar welded onto the system, not as part of the bumper, so can be weak at this point
Can be difficult to install, with a professional installation recommended
Looking for a Jeep Wrangler rear bumper that comes with the added ability to hold your spare tire? This item will be exactly what you’re looking for, as the space allows for tires up to 37” and will fit on most wrangler models from 2007 to 2018. The bumper fits over your door and opens alongside your normal movement, so there are no concerns with this rear bumper getting in your way after being fitted.
Be aware that this item can rust quite easily when not treated and many customers have noted that the 2 year warranty won’t cover this, if the manufacturer feels the bumper hasn’t been treated appropriately during use.
- Jeep Wrangler rear bumper only
- Provides space for spare tire (up to 37”)
- Two-year warranty and lifetime support included
- Brand Hooke Road
- Model QP.BXG-014A+QP.BXG-014B
Very good quality option that fits most 7-18 Jeep Wranglers
Excellent customer service is noted by customers
Requires a lot of work to attach, professional installation recommended
Can rust very easily without treatment
Another easily installed option that fits all 1987-2006 Jeep Wrangler YJ and TJ models, this option comes with built-in LED fittings for increased visibility and greater value. Again, the D-rings and winch plate are capable of handling heavier loads thanks to the superior steel materials.
The two-part finish increases the overall aesthetics of the bumper, giving it a great final look when paired with your Jeep Wrangler and helping to resist rust and general wear and tear. Overall, this is a great purchase that provides fantastic value-for-money, no matter what your main purpose is for your new bumper.
- Built-in LED fittings
- Winch plate holds up to 12,000lbs
- D-rings hold up to 9,000lbs
- Fits 1987-2006 Jeep Wrangler YJ and TJ models
- Brand LEDKINGDOMUS
- Model LEDKINGDOMUS
- Weight 58.9 pounds
Very wide range of compatibility with Jeep Wrangler models
Built-in LED provides additional, high-quality lighting
Surprisingly light and therefore easier to handle
Some customers noted that the installation was quite difficult
Not intended for heavy-duty use
Best Jeep Bumpers Buying Guide & FAQ
What to Consider When Buying Jeep Bumpers
You’ll need to be sure that the dimensions of your new purchase don’t hinder your driving in any way. Not only will the size of your new off-road bumpers have an aesthetic affect, it’s also a very important safety consideration. Your bumper should sit comfortably across the complete front or rear of your car, without danger of catching the tires at any point.
You can also affect the height of your bumper with three main different sizes – low, mid-range and high. The highest naturally provides better clearance and enables you to travel along more rugged paths. However, lower styles will look better on the road, as well as protecting more of the internal aspects and grill of your Jeep.
As with all cars, Jeep will come out with a new style and model of their favorite cars from time to time. These can affect the chassis and inner workings, depending on the time you purchase your Jeep. Thus, Jeep front bumpers can often come in just as many different designs and styles to match these and fit perfectly.
We’ve added the general expected fit on each of our Top Picks to give you a better idea of what you might be after for your particular Jeep Wrangler parts.
You’ll notice that the main material in many of the options above is steel. This is due to the overall versatility and strength that steel provides. However, within this, there are often different strengths of steel used, especially when looking at the different areas. For example, the tubing will often be a different gauge (or strength) to the rest of the bumper.
In order to check whether your steel is made to a good standard, there are some basics you should know. To begin, the larger the gauge number used, the thinner the metal – making it weaker and more prone to bending or breaking.
The other material that is often used in place of steel is a thick plastic. This is a great, cost-effective option if you’re looking for a simple replacement after a collision or general wear and tear. However, it does not have the strength or ability to hold as much weight and should never be used for Jeeps that are likely to be off-roading or used for commercial aspects.
Other options that are not based in our top list but can be used are discussed in more detail, below. Under “what materials are jeep bumpers made out of” we’ll talk about the pros and cons of each type and how it will affect your overall driving.
- Features and Installation
You’ll notice that the features can often make or break a purchase, improving upon the overall value of your latest item or helping to create a much more user-friendly option. In terms of Jeep bumpers, you’ll find that the range of features here go from being easier to install, to additional accessories.
If you don’t feel that you have the mechanical know-how to pop a bumper on, then it’s worth looking into requesting a fit from your local garage. That said, many of the options we’ve given you in our Top Picks have been chosen thanks to their being so easy to install. Often, you’ll notice that you won’t even need to use power tools at all – definitely a handy feature for those who want a simpler installation.
You should also remember that, the more features your off road bumpers have, the more difficult it will be to install. Having additional options such as built-in LEDs are a great option to increase your visibility (both for yourself and for others) but means that you’ll have to play around with the wiring during your installation.
One of the biggest features the best Jeep bumper has is the ability to add a winch and D-rings for additional towing and pulling capabilities. Most of our options come with high capacity, high strength options to work with many different types of winch. However, not all bumpers are created equal, and you should always check the capacity of these before buying to ensure the strength matches your requirements.
This might seem like an obvious choice, but many of the options provided to buyers online often only come with one or the other. Before you buy, you should consider which you need – more protection for your grill and a place for a winch, or somewhere to store your spare tire and provide additional protection to the rear of your car?
You can also buy sets, although these are often more restricting in size and design, as you can’t mix and match the way you can, when buying separate options. Whatever you decide on, be sure to check your new Jeep Wrangler parts are suitable for your use and made to the best quality.
When it comes to bumpers, you might think that there are only two types – front and back – possibly with some added leeway for material. However, the types of bumpers available are actually very different and can be quite complex. We discuss this in more detail, below.
Types Of Bumpers
Also referred to as factory bumpers, these are the bog-standard Jeep Wrangler bumpers that come with the standard factory design and setting. In other words, they can look very nice but often aren’t up to the task of handling more rugged work. They usually have a base of thin steel or aluminum, before being covered with plastic.
- Deep Drop Bumper
Thicker and tougher than most other bumpers, deep drop bumpers (also referred to as cowboy bumpers by some) are best suited to towing. If you’re looking for a bumper for a recovery vehicle, this type should be your first port of call.
The downside to these is that they add considerable size to your Jeep, making them more difficult to confidently handle off road. The low bearing is also more likely to catch on items and become more easily damaged.
- Roll Pan Bumper
Smoother and sleeker, the roll pan bumper often fits in a more streamlined manner on your car. They are ideal for average road users who aren’t looking to kit out their vehicle with additional accessories or features. Because of their simple nature, they are also often one of the cheapest options. Unfortunately, this also means that their usage is limited.
- Step Bumper
Holding a similar design to the deep drop bumper, these are a larger style but come with a deep step in the middle. Ideal for easily reach the top of your vehicle, they can also be used for towing – albeit with a smaller capacity to others.
- Tube Bumpers
Usually relating more to an additional feature than the bumper itself, a tube bumper comes with an additional, tube-like piece of metal that comes up and over the grill section. This is one of the most common options when buying a new bumper because of the additional protection that this “cage” or “bar” provides.
Having the added length and a buffer between your grill and any other items can greatly reduce the damage given to your Jeep, should you have an accident. Many options also come with the addition of space for additional lighting, to help increase your visibility. Thus, they are best suited to off-roaders and business drivers.
How to Install Jeep Bumpers
- One of the most important things to remember when installing Jeep bumpers is that it’s totally fine to ask for help. For some of the items in our Top Picks, for example, it is recommended that a mechanic fit the bumper for you. However, since most of our options are based on a “no drilling required” style of fitting, we decided to give you a rough overview of how to install a jeep bumper.
- Before we start, be sure that you have everything you need to get started. In other words, a selection of sockets/wrenches, along with your screwdriver plus the bolts, washers and nuts (all of which should be included in your purchase) and a good supply of elbow grease. These should be the same for both front and rear Jeep Wrangler bumpers.
- You should also ensure that the bumper is the right fit and size for your needs and that all of your materials are ready – there are few things more frustrating than getting halfway through your job before realizing you need a component that is kept elsewhere.
- Check the underside of your car. Some will have access pins around the wheel wells but it’s most likely that you will simply need to remove the plastic clips from the lower valets with a flathead screwdriver.
- Your lower valet should simply come away when all of the clips have been removed.
- You’ll now need to remove your fog lights. These connections are behind the bumper, so you’ll need to reach behind and press down on the connector retaining clip while gently pulling the wiring away.
- You can use zip ties to keep the wiring out of your way. Of course, if your new bumper doesn’t have any lighting, it may be worth chasing the wiring and simply unplugging the wires altogether.
- You should then remove the nuts attaching the bumper to the frame with the appropriate socket wrench.
- You can now slightly pull the bumper outwards – being careful not to pull so hard that you pull on the wiring, which should now be exposed.
- Pull out the retaining clips which hold these wires in place – there should be four of these in total.
- You’ll now need to remove your upper valets. It’s preferred by many to use a hand drill here, as the screws can be very stiff or sometimes rusted into place.
- Be sure to keep any components you have removed, such as your nuts and bolts. While you should have a fresh collection with your bumper, it’s always good to have spares.
- Once this has been removed, you should be ready to install your new Jeep bumper!
- It’s important when installing your new Jeep Wrangler bumper that you also closely follow the manufacturer’s guidelines, as there may be some variation from below.
- Installing your new bumper should be easy from this point. Start by sliding your new front bumper on to your Jeep Wrangler – if you have a particularly heavy purchase, you may wish to get the help of a friend for this part.
- You can now use the wiring that you zip-tied earlier, to connect your new bulbs, if you have any.
- Use the provided parts and your socket wrench to refit the nuts and bolts into place, being sure that the bumper is attached firmly and securely.
- Give your new bumper a test drive with everything in place. If there is any rattling, check to see that all bolts are attached and feel free to screw them in tighter, if required.
Best Jeep Bumpers FAQ:
None of the bumpers above will come with a winch included. However, there are some very reasonably priced options available online, should you wish to purchase one. Just be sure that your new Jeep bumper has a winch plate that has the space and strength available for your preferred winch.
There are a number of different options, when it comes to materials for your bumper – the most common options being steel or plastic. While steel is much tougher and more hard-wearing, it is also prone to rusting and can be much more expensive. You should always consider the gauge and finish of your steel bumper before purchasing, to ensure it is right for you. Meanwhile, plastic is more lightweight but often can’t handle the slight bumps and lumps of off-roading. It is a much cheaper option and generally easier to fit, as there is some give in the material which can handle a little bending into place. They won’t rust, either, but their breakable nature means you’re more likely to require changing your Jeep bumper more regularly. There are even light options, that are tougher, such as carbon fiber or fiberglass. These come with a great look and are usually the easiest to fit. Unfortunately, they also can’t handle tougher exploits, often shattering upon impact and they certainly can’t hold weight in the same manner for winching and towing. The final, common option is aluminum. Like aluminum is hard wearing and great for heavy duty use, even if it is not quite as sturdy as steel. In other words, for lighter work, you’ll find that aluminum can be a great choice. It is lighter and therefore a little easier to work with – however, it is also more expensive and therefore the overall value can be deemed lower, especially by those who need their vehicle for business use.
All of the options provided above in our Top Picks have been fantastic with giving customers everything they need in order to install their new bumpers. Of course, they don’t send out screwdrivers or basic hand tools, so you’ll need to have these already or pick them up at a local hardware store.
Our Top Pick
The Jeep Wrangler JK Rock Crawler Off road Front Bumper with Winch Mounting Plate from E-Autogrilles comes up as our Top Pick as it easily sits as the best Jeep bumper on the market, today. It’s easy to see why so many people love this bumper, considering the overall aesthetic of this item along with how easily it fits and the high quality of materials used for this option.
Being packed with handy features such as the winch plate, D-rings, alternative lighting and direct bolt-on attachment, this is easily the best option for domestic and business users. All the hardware is included for this Jeep bumper, and customer service is excellent, so we’re sure you won’t regret purchasing this Jeep Wrangler bumper.
- How to Buy a Good Quality Bumper – Your Mechanic