|Best Choice||YardStash III Outdoor Bike Storage Shed||CHECK LATEST PRICE|
|Premium Pick||Lifetime Outdoor Bike Storage||CHECK LATEST PRICE|
|Best Value||Aleko Portable Bicycle Storage Shed||CHECK LATEST PRICE|
- 1. YardStash III Outdoor Bike Storage Shed
- 2. Suncast Outdoor Storage Shed for Bikes
- 3. Lifetime Outdoor Bike Storage
- 4. Keter Outdoor Bike Storage Shed
- 5. 2x4basics Bicycle Storage Shed
- 6. Suncast Bike Storage Shed
- 7. Rubbermaid Outdoor Bike Storage Shed
- 8. YardStash IV Outdoor Storage Shed Tent
- 9. Aleko Portable Bicycle Storage Shed
- 10. Bravindew Outdoor Bike Storage Shed
More and more people are using bikes as a mode of transport. They cost very little to run, they are an environmentally friendly option and you keep fit at the same time. Bikes take up very little space when you are not using them but they do need to be protected from thieves and from harsh weather. If you have some outdoor bicycle storage it saves you from having to drag them into your home.
If your bike is left outside, it can get stolen and will get damaged by wind and rain. A robust and waterproof outdoor bike storage locker will protect your bike so that it will be roadworthy when you need it. Outside bike storage comes in all sorts of shapes and sizes so you will have a lot of choice. To help you choose the right outdoor bike storage locker for your needs, take a look at our useful guide.
The Best Outdoor Bike Storage Shed
A superb space-saving structure for your garden where you can keep your bike as well as gardening equipment, pool equipment and any other outdoor gear dry. They will be safe and easy to access. It is big enough to fit two adult bikes and has a roof made from industrial grade vinyl tarpaulin that has UPF 50+ protection.
The body is made from polyester bonded to a thick weatherproof coating and the integrated floor is reinforced. To keep your bikes dry and protected from dust, there are large top and bottom zippers with protection flaps. You will be able to set up the shelter in around 15 minutes and you won’t need any tools. It includes a back panel so that you can lock bikes to a pole and the front mesh makes sure that there will not be a buildup of condensation.
- Big enough to fit two adult bikes
- Industrial grade vinyl tarpaulin
- Provides UPF 50+ protection
- Completely portable – easy to move
- Brand YardStash
- Model YSLH06
- Weight 16 pounds
Effective at keeping out rain
Perfect size for two bikes
Very quick to set up – a temporary structure
No condensation build-up
Material may break down after extended use
Floor material is a bit flimsy
Flap at the back can let in water
A robust and sturdy outdoor storage container for bikes or mowers that is big enough to store garden furniture. The multi-wall panels are made out of resin and are strong and stable enough to stand up to harsh weather conditions and to resist UV damage. The whole structure requires very little maintenance and is built to last.
It looks like a small shed and the lid slides back to provide walk in access. For security, there is a three-door locking system that can be pad-locked for complete peace of mind. It has a sturdy floor that is strong enough to support heavy items. Whilst this structure is easy to put together using a small number of tools, it is necessary to prepare the site and construct secure foundations.
- Multi-wall resin panels
- Resists rain and UV damage
- Three-door locking system
- Sturdy floor
- Brand Suncast
- Model BMS4900D
- Weight 112 pounds
Can be assembled in an hour
Good size – you can store a lot in there
High enough to fit a bike
Assembly instructions are easy to follow
Panels are heavy so help may be needed to place them
Door handles would be easy for a thief to rip off
Will not keep bugs out
A large storage shed for your bikes and all your gardening equipment that is a full 94 inches high. As it is a large structure, it needs a flat and level foundation base made out of concrete or wood. Natural light can enter the structure through the four large skylights and there is also a shatter-proof polycarbonate window. It has been manufactured to withstand all types of weather including wind gusts at 64 mph. The structure includes two screened vents and shelves that can be moved around.
The dual walls are made out of high-density polyethylene. It has a pitched roof which is supported on A-frame trusses so there is over six feet of headroom and rain and snow cannot collect on it. The floor is anti-slip and is also made from high density polyethylene so it will not crack or chip and is resistant to oil damage and staining. For maximum security and easy access, the doors are four feet wide and reinforced with steel. They lock using a latching mechanism located internally.
- Large structure – 94 inches high
- Four large skylights and window
- Over six feet of headroom
- Dual walls made out of high-density polyethylene
- Brand Lifetime
- Model 6405
- Weight 12.13 pounds
Instructions are easy to follow
Very robust and strong
Plenty of headroom
Takes a while to put together
Panels do not always snap together easily
A stylish yet sturdy garden shed that can be used to store your bikes outside. It won’t take up too much space in your garden but has an impressive capacity. It’s made from polypropylene resin plastic which has steel reinforcement to ensure its durability. It can stand up to wind and rain and will not fade even after several years of UV exposure but can also be recycled. The attractive grey and white exterior looks like wood but is much harder wearing and hassle-free.
This bicycle storage shed has one side window and a skylight for natural light and a vent at the top to stop the contents from getting moldy. The floor is sturdy and it comes with a lockable door. You just need to provide a padlock.
- Large capacity but takes up little space
- Made from strong polypropylene resin plastic
- Resistant to fading
- Natural light provided by window and skylight
- Brand Keter
- Model Manor 4×6 Foot Resin
- Weight 93.5 pounds
Plastic – mites and bugs can’t attack it
Easy to hose down when cleaning
Lightweight – you can move it around
Not strong enough to withstand extreme weather
Takes two people to assemble it
Everything you need to build your own customized shed is in this kit – all you have to do is purchase the lumber. When complete, it will have a peak roof so that you can fit your bikes inside. For 10 feet shed you need one kit but if you buy two kits, you can get a 22 feet wide shed.
The kit comes with easy to follow instructions and step by step pictures so that even a beginner can achieve great results. The only cuts you’ll need to make in the lumber are 90 degrees, there will be no angle or miter cuts to worry about. The kit includes all the .22 gauge galvanized steel brackets that you need to put the shed together. You choose the roofing, siding and flooring material that suits your requirements and your budget.
- Shed-building kit – you need to buy the lumber
- Builds a permanent, sturdy shed
- Pitched roof
- You choose the materials and size
- Brand 2×4 basics
- Model 9.7 pounds
- Weight 90192
Fits together well
Large and plenty of head room
Flexibility on size and materials
The connecters are a bit flimsy
No double headers on side walls
You get a full 70 cubic feet of internal space with this storage structure made from steel-reinforced molded resin. It is durable and built to last and the lid opens easily and stays in place thanks to the gas shocks.
Because the door opening is 46 ½ inches high, you can easily get your adult bike inside. The floor has been reinforced so that it can support heavy items. Despite its considerable volume, it is a low-profile structure and therefore rests under a fence line so it will not annoy your neighbors. The three-door locking mechanism is able to take a padlock for security and makes sure that the contents are safe. This robust bike storage protects from all types of weather including UV exposure.
- 70 cubic feet of storage space
- Low profile – will not annoy your neighbors
- Robust and durable
- Can be locked with a padlock for security
- Brand Suncast
- Model BMS4700
- Weight 125 pounds
Room for bikes and helmets
Durable – will not rot
Easy to set up
Quick to assemble
Doors are a little flimsy
Needs a foundation to be effective
Manufactured from durable resin, the double walls of this low-profile shed are very tough and durable. They will not leak or dent and will stand up to the harshest of weather conditions. As it is only six feet high, it will not protrude above garden fences but provides 96 cubic feet of outdoor storage. The floor is also heavy-duty and impact resistant.
There are eight wall anchors so that you can customize the internal space. To access the contents inside the shed, you can open up the double front doors or slide back the roof. There is space for you to add a lock for added security.
- Durable resin – resists bugs
- Low profile – less than six feet high
- Sturdy floor
- Opening doors and roof
- Brand Rubbermaid
- Model 1800005
- Weight 177.5 pounds
Sturdy and strong construction
Can be assembled in a few hours
Still looks new after several years
Instructions could be easier
Not all the parts fit together well
Excellent storage space for bikes and outdoor gear, this is an affordable and versatile space that has a similar volume to garden sheds. It is made from heavy duty vinyl tarpaulin which is resistant to damage from weather and UV. It also resists tearing and provides long term protection.
The structure is 68 inches high so it will fit two adult bikes as well as helmets and bags. The integrated floor keeps out dust and moisture. It can be put together in less than 10 minutes so it is completely portable. There are zippers at the top and the bottom that have storm flaps for added protection. The seams are sealed and the roof is designed to shed snow so the structure will not collapse. Thanks to the integrated vent, condensation will not build up and your bike will remain dry. There is a Velcro panel so that you can secure your bike to a pole or fence.
- Made from heavy duty vinyl tarpaulin
- Integrated floor
- Strong zippers
- Vent to prevent condensation building up
- Brand YardStash
- Model YSLH09
- Weight 18.7 pounds
Very lightweight to move around
Sets up in minutes
Costs less than garden sheds
Takes up little space
May slump over in the wind
Will not last as long as resin and lumbar sheds
With this highly portable bike tent, you get useful protection wherever you are. It works much like a pop-up tent so you can use it when you are traveling and camping. It is very easy to put up in just a few minutes and all the connecting poles are included as are the pegs and rope. Because it is so lightweight, it can be carried around in one hand and it comes with a carry bag which has a handle.
You won’t have to worry about condensation thanks to the hook and loop window which measures 12 inches x 12 inches. This provides plenty of ventilation. The attractive green color will look great wherever you decide to put it up.
- Very portable and easy to move around
- Takes just minutes to put up
- Comes with connecting poles, pegs and rope
- Window to prevent condensation
- Brand ALEKO
- Model BS70GR
- Weight 2 pounds
Portable and inexpensive
Very quick to put up
Comes with a bag
No theft deterrent
Not completely waterproof
A highly useful portable bike storage option made from high quality PE polyester in an attractive silver color. In the pack, you get the tent as well as two poles and four pegs. It stands 68 inches high and is big enough to fit two adult bikes and still have room for more. It is lightweight enough to be truly portable but strong enough to stand up to the wind and the rain.
Your bikes will be protected from the rain and less likely to rust. There are zippers at the top and bottom that form an effective seal and also protect from UV damage and dust as well as insects. It can be set up in just 15 minutes and you don’t need any tools or specialist knowledge. It comes with a carry bag and all the poles, rope and pegs that you will need.
- Made from high quality PE polyester
- Lightweight and portable
- Zippers at the top and bottom
- Takes 15 minutes to put up
- Brand Bravindew
- Weight 8.8 pounds
Very sturdy for a temporary structure
Quick to put up
Not too expensive
Has no floor
Best Outdoor Bike Storage Shed Buying Guide & FAQ
What to Consider When Buying an Outdoor Bike Storage
There are several types of bike storage shed that you can choose to get. Some of them present a significant investment whilst others cost very little. There are a few important factors that you should consider before you make a purchase.
- How portable do you need it to be?
Some bike storage structures are very portable and could be taken with you when you are traveling. Some are semi-portable and would not be that hard to move around your yard. Others are built on concrete bases and cannot be moved.
- How much do you want to spend?
As a general rule of thumb, the more permanent the structure the more expensive it will be.
- How big does it need to be?
Consider how many bikes you need the storage shed to hold and how much space you have in your garden or yard.
- How difficult is it to put up?
If you have no specialist skills or tools, then you need a model that is very easy to erect.
Why You Should Use a Bike Storage Shed
Bikes cost a lot of money and are an important part of your lifestyle. They deserve protection! Here are some of the main reasons that you should get yourself some outdoor bike storage.
- Storing bikes in the house is not practical. Whilst storing a bike in the house seems like a good idea from a security point of view, it is unlikely to be practical and may be unpopular with other household members. Bikes take up a lot of space in hallways and could present a hazard if they block fire escapes. They also make floor surfaces very dirty!
- They take up room in a garden shed. A garden shed is the next best option but you need to remember that sheds are used for other things. Your bike could get damaged by machinery and chemicals in the shed.
- They can get stolen. Bikes that are stored outside are very vulnerable to getting stolen. A shed is a secure and safe way to store your bike.
- The seats get wet. Bikes that are stored outside get wet seats and this is very uncomfortable for the rider!
- They rust and corrode. The more you can protect your bike, the longer it will last and the fewer repairs you will need to carry out.
Tips for Storing Your Bicycle in a Bike Shed
By storing your bike in a bike shed you can significantly extend its useful life and save money on having to replace corroded parts. To get the best out of your new bike shed, here’s what you should do.
- Invest in a bike rack. You will need a device to keep your bike upright when it is in the storage shed. If your bike storage has solid sides, you could rest it up against them. However, if you are using a more portable structure you will need a bike rack.
- Think about security. Sadly, even bikes in bike sheds can get stolen. You can deter thieves by making sure that the bike storage is not visible from the main road, is in a location that is difficult for thieves to access and will not attract attention. Use a padlock to lock the bike storage shed and use a separate bike lock. You may want to invest in a bike alarm.
- Remove your bike computer. A bike shed will not protect your bike from the cold and the delicate electronics inside a bike computer could get damaged. Remove it and bring it in the house with you.
- Think about ventilation. Bikes will rust if there is a lot of moisture in the air inside the bike shed. Therefore, look for bike storage that has sufficient ventilation. If you have not used your bike for a while, check it over before you take it on the road.
Best Outdoor Bike Storage Shed FAQ:
Bikes will rust in any situation where there is moisture and air. This produces an environment where the metal parts can get oxidized and this forms rust. To slow down the rate of corrosion, you need storage that keeps moisture out. Obviously, the storage needs to keep out rain. However, moisture can also form inside the shed from condensation. For this reason, it is important that the bike shed is ventilated so that moist air can escape and water droplets do not form. If this does not happen, your bike can certainly rust in your storage shed.
There are three factors that should influence how big your bike shed should be. The first one is the size of the bikes that you want to store. If you have a large adult bike, you will need a big enough enclosure to fit it in when it is upright. Children’s bikes take up less room but remember that kids grow very quickly and soon need bigger bikes! Remember, that you need enough height. The second factor is how many bikes you want to store. Obviously, the more bikes you have, the bigger storage you will need. Finally, you must take into account the amount of space that you have in your yard or garden. Bike storage can take up a lot of room and you may want to use your outdoor space for other things!
Most outdoor bike storage sheds need very little maintenance. Those that are made from PVC will stand up to the elements and all you need to do is clean them periodically to keep them looking at their best. The situation is different with lumbar sheds. These will need to be treated and/or painted to protect the wood which can rot. Lumber sheds look beautiful but do require more work.
Our Top Pick
Our pick of the selection of outdoor bike storage will fit in any garden and can also be used for gardening equipment and outdoor. It is big enough to fit two adult bikes. It’s made from a combination of industrial grade vinyl tarpaulin and polyester bonded to a thick weatherproof coating.
To keep your bikes dry and protected from dust, there are large top and bottom zippers with protection flaps. It takes just 15 minutes to set up without tools. It includes a back panel so that you can lock bikes to a pole and the front mesh makes sure that there will not be a buildup of condensation.