Car interiors can get gross and every car owner knows what it is like to have a messy car. Cleaning can be no fun and time consuming if you don’t have the right cleaning kit. Even though there are many cleaning kits available in the market, you need to choose wisely so that you get the best value for money. This guide will help you choose the cleaning kits for washing the car interior.
What Is a Cleaning Kit for Car Interior?
No matter how careful and organized you are inside your car; eventually, something will spill and there will be a mess that needs to be cleaned up. A car cleaning kit is a set of products that are used to clean the interior of your car by hand. These products can help clean all the interior components. Carpets, vinyl, upholstery, plastic and rubber surfaces can be cleaned using the products in the kit leaving the inside of your car clean, fresh and hygienic.
Why should you choose a cleaning kit for car interior?
Depending on how you use your car, the interiors of your car will require regular cleaning. Most car owners don’t pay much attention to the interiors as they do to the exteriors of the car. This can be a big mistake. The cleaning kit can help you clean the car interiors easily. This can help save time and money. When you start cleaning the car on your own, you will be able to understand it better.
The products and tools of the kit protect the interiors from damage by the sun and dirt and grime that is accumulated from the road. The products protect the carpet, leather, vinyl, upholstery, glass and plastic from brittleness, fading, cracking, stains and peeling. They can help extend the life of the car interior surfaces.
What are the materials that should be cleaned in the car interior?
- Leather – If your car has leather seats, you need to keep them looking their best. Cracked, stained and ripped seats not just look unsightly but can also affect the resale value of your vehicle. You can make use of a vacuum to get rid of the surface dirt. If you want a deeper clean, you can use a special leather cleaner and conditioner to clean and protect it.
- Vinyl and Rubber – The console, dash, convertible top, seats, steering wheel and some fenders are made of vinyl and rubber. Vinyl and rubber are susceptible to deterioration from the sun and UV. Evidence of this can be found when the surface starts to become dry, brittle, faded and cracked. You can protect the surface by using the products available in the cleaning kits and this can give them a new and fresh look.
- Glass – Bugs, dust and grime can make glass the most difficult to clean. Water can be used to clean and remove most of the dirt and grime that accumulates on the windows and the windshield. You do need to remember that water will not be able to remove stubborn spots that are caused by bug remains. Window cleaners will be able to remove spots in an effective manner. Clean glass not just looks better but can also enable you to drive in a safe manner.
What Products Should Appear in A Cleaning Kit?
- Leather Cleaner – The leather cleaner helps protect leather seats with regular conditioning and cleaning. The care starts with the leather cleaner (non-drying) that removes impurities like dust and grime. This can be followed by a rich conditioner that locks in the essential moisture. This keeps the leather soft and prolongs the longevity of the seats.
- Window Cleaner – The advanced glass formulas have many kinds of polymer that make cleaning the windows easy. Clean windows can make a big difference to the interior of your car. If you have tinted windows, you need to polish and protect the tint. Apply it only from the inside where the tint is visible. Dampen the microfiber towel with the window cleaner of your choice. Wipe up and down and then from side to side to clean the windows in a thorough manner. Avoid using ammonia-based cleaners on windows, as they should not be inhaled. If the window cleaner doesn’t clearly mention ammonia free, you need to find another cleaner.
- Vinyl and Rubber Cleaner – The vinyl and rubber cleaner cleans and protects door panels, dashboards, vinyl seats and door facings against premature aging. The water based blend of natural and modern ingredients ensure that the interiors of your car look and feel new
- Microfiber Towel (Glass Towel, Detailing Towel) – The microfiber glass towel has a finer weave and tweaked internal construction and this makes it an ideal choice for cleaning. The soft glass towel makes it easy to clutch and control. The tiny spokes in the fibers lift and trap dirt. The detailing towel can help wipe away wax and cleaners. Use it for cleaning, dusting, quick detailing and polishing.
- Interior Brushes – You will need interior brushes to get inside the vent and the seams. These areas are often overlooked and are difficult to clean. The brushes can make it easy to get into those tight spots. Cleaning these spots can make a big difference in the overall appearance of the car’s interior.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Cleaning Kit for Car Interior
- Brand – If you want to clean the interiors of the car in a proper manner, you need high quality solutions. If you settle for something as simple as soap and water to clean dust and grime, you will have to suffer from poor results. Good cleaning products from reputed brands are effective and will enable you to save time and money. Good brands make use of high quality material to make cleaning products and this ensures that no damage is caused to your car.
- Price – The cost of the cleaning kit is one of the important factors that you need to consider before making the choice. Do remember that price should not be the only consideration for choosing the cleaning kit. The price of the cleaning kit products will vary depending on the unique features they offer. A high-quality kit from a reputed brand will cost more than its competitors but it will deliver more value.
- Versatility – The cleaning kit that you choose should be able to clean leather, glass, vinyl, rubber and everything else in the interior section of your car. The products need to be versatile so that you are able to clean all surfaces of the car easily.
- Quality of Each Product – The quality of each product that is available in the kit needs to be carefully examined. Quality products do more than just clean. They help protect the part that is been cleaned from damage and prolong its life.
- Ease of Use – If you want to enjoy impressive results, you need to buy a kit that is easy to use. The products need to be efficient so that they are able to remove all dust and grime from the interiors of your car without too much of an effort. If the cleaning kit is complicated and not easy to use, you will have to spend a lot of time and effort to clean your car.
Some Tips When Cleaning the Car Interior
Before you start the cleaning process, it is advisable to remove all irrelevant items from it such as trash. Gather the necessary equipment and tools that you need to properly clean the interiors of the car.
- Vacuum the floor, seats and dashboard to remove all dust and dirt. Make sure to vacuum the cracks and crevices in the door panels and dashboard.
- Clean the leather and vinyl surfaces with leather or vinyl cleaners. Spray the cleaner on a microfiber towel and wipe the surfaces clean with it.
- The windows need to be washed with glass cleaners so that you are able to remove even stubborn spots.
- An interior brush can be used to clean and clear all dust from the AC vent and audio system. If you don’t have an interior brush, you can make use of a used brush.
- Window glass can be cleaned with the cleaner liquid. Spray the liquid on the microfiber towel and use circular motions to clean the glass.
- The floor of the car tends to accumulate the most dust and grime. Take out the carpets and wash them.
- If the car interiors don’t smell fresh, you can use an air freshener to make the air smell fresh.
It is absolutely important for car owners to own a proper car interior cleaning kit. Investing in high-quality cleaning products is a must, as you will feel good each time you get into your car. A clean and well-kept interior makes driving fun. You can choose from a comprehensive collection of cleaning kits to remove dust, grime and stains on the upholstery.
Give your car a new look with a range of cleaning kits that have specifically designed for your car’s interiors. Always choose the best so that you can keep your vehicle clean and shining and keep getting those envious glances each time you hit the road.