Back in 2016 I ventured up to Road America in Wisconsin to watch the Pirelli World Challenge TCA and TCB race. I was not disappointed in witnessing some truly excellent slow-car action that day.
- Car: Pirelli World Challenge TCB-class Mazda2s
- Location: Road America, Wisconsin
- Photog: Peter Nelson (Instagram)
- Camera: Canon 6D, 35-70mm EF 4.0 Zoom
Racing in TCB (also known as B Spec) on this high-speed track takes a lot of commitment. You truly are on the edge of grip in many sectors. Additional downforce would be immensely useful, but that’s outlawed in the class. This not only keeps the cars as equal as possible, but also as inexpensive as possible. It also makes the action a bit more intense, as everyone’s balancing grip and braking power with strategy and craftiness while right next to each other on track.
This is one of the many reasons why B Spec is one of the best racing classes ever, besides being a haven for the Mazda2.
What to read next:
- In the newest Car Autance video, EIC Andrew Collins demonstrates how and why he upgraded his garage with all-new LED lights.
- Car Autance launched a new series, Car Confessions and Hard Lessons. In the third installment, Engineering Explained creator Jason Fenske explains why buying a Subaru WRX STI was the worst car decision he’s ever made.
- With its new used car platform Car Bravo, GM is aiming to beat out companies like CarMax and Carvana at their own games.
- The first 2022 Subaru WRX dyno numbers are in, and they tell a deeper story.
- We know the used car market is crazy, but you should keep your eye on these three excellent 2000s sport sedans.