These cars are totally good friends.
- Car: 1990 Daihatsu kei fire truck, Knight Rider Pontiac Firebird Replica
- Location: Radwood NorCal, Summer 2021
- Photog: Peter Nelson (Instagram)
- Camera: Canon 6D, Canon EOS 35-70 Zoom
Allow me to explain: They both play music and say pre-recorded stuff. I’m not quite sure what the kei truck says, as it exclaims stuff in Japanese. The Firebird, on the other hand, plays KITT monologues and cheesy ’80s action tv show music. It was hilarious seeing them parked next to each other, as if it were a sort of nerd-car battle of the bands to see which vehicle could draw the most reactions and attention.
What to read next:
- The Car Autance series Car Confessions and Hard Lessons continues on with Alanis King explaining why you should never sell your car with your license plates on it.
- This sure seems like the 2023 Acura Integra interior we haven’t seen yet.
- Check out our internet talk show, Hooptie Happy Hour, now available in podcast form!
- EVs and hybrids are given efficiency ratings in MPGe, but what does that actually mean? Kevin Williams explains how it works.
- Chris Rosales explains how he got his tuned Volkswagen GTI to pass smog under California’s new rules and restrictions.
- This electrified Airstream RV concept could be the future of camping and road-tripping.
- Lego car engineering is a great candidate to be your next at-home hobby.