The Hyundai Veloster N is one of the most-fun cars on sale today. Please, take my word for it, as I’ve reviewed almost every iteration of it throughout the past couple of years. I’ve driven the pre-2021 refresh, the manual transmission-equipped version with the Performance Package, the post-2021 refreshed iteration with a dual-clutch gearbox, and the post-2021 version with a manual transmission.
- Car: 2021 Hyundai Veloster N
- Location: Century City, Los Angeles
- Photog: Peter Nelson (Instagram, Twitter)
- Camera: Canon 6D, Canon EF 50mm 1.8 AF
It’s safe to say that I’ve become quite acquainted with the little Hyundai, and I can confidently affirm that this car is extensively engineered for anyone looking for fun torque, excellent grip and handling, and generally more enthusiasm in their everyday A-to-B driving. It even steers better and feels more confident in the twisties than the immensely more expensive 2021 BMW M3 (if you click that hyperlink, check out the photo location).
I snapped this shot after a very long day out running some twisty canyon roads around Los Angeles. My neck was sore, and I was quite exhausted, but I just couldn’t wipe the smile off of my face. Even after covering quite a few miles in the N throughout the years, it still never ceases to put me in a good mood whenever I get behind the wheel. I really ought to just buy one someday.
What to read next:
- Check out our new eighth-generation Honda Civic Si project car!
- Take a close look at the amazing aerodynamics of the Porsche Cayman GT4 RS.
- Spread these safety tips about driving on black ice.
- Gain a new appreciation for the C8 Corvette Z06’s mighty engine with this cutaway examination.
- See why our electric car tests in the midwest are meeting some challenges.